Monday, May 27, 2024
44.1 C
Monday, May 27, 2024
- Advertisement -corhaz 3

7th Accused In Death Of 20-Year-Old Anjali Surrenders Before Police

Anjali Singh and her friend Nidhi are seen with a man in additional CCTV footage that was taken hours before the incident, according to the police, who also detained Ankush Khanna, the seventh culprit in the hit-and-run case in Delhi’s Kanjhawala.

Deepak Khanna (26), Amit Khanna (25), Krishan (27), Mithun (26), and Manoj Mittal have already been detained by the Delhi Police in connection with the case. Later, it singled out Ashutosh and Ankush Khanna, alleging that they were responsible for protecting the accused.

Ankush Khanna turned himself in on Friday night at the Sultanpuri police station, and Ashutosh was taken into custody in the northwest Delhi neighbourhood of Budh Vihar.

Nidhi, who was riding pillion on Anjali’s scooter at the time of the accident, was just called to join the investigation, according to the police, who rejected allegations that she had been detained.

The cops were able to locate Nidhi after looking through CCTV footage. On Tuesday, she gave a police statement that was taped.

According to sources who spoke to a news organisation, Deepak was not in the Maruti Baleno that ran over Anjali.

Recently released CCTV footage shows Nidhi and Anjali riding a scooter alongside a man. They are left off close to Anjali’s house.

Another video shows both women visiting the deceased’s home before heading to the hotel for the party.

Ashutosh was kept in police custody for three days by a Delhi court. Anjali’s killers allegedly borrowed the automobile from Ashutosh before they killed her.

Anjali and Nidhi reportedly had a verbal argument in the hotel room that escalated to physical altercation, according to a male who was also there and partying with the women at the time. “That night, Anjali contacted me around seven times, but I didn’t respond. She then dispatched a different friend to pick me up at home. He made me leave, so I went with the excuse that Anjali had asked for me. I arrived about 11:30 p.m. and observed Anjali and Nidhi having a party. A few more were present. The hotel had two rooms reserved. They were simply having a good time and drinking beer. Then there was a verbal altercation between the two. Nidhi requested Anjali to give her the money back. They started physically fighting soon after. We divided them up and put them at ease. The friend was quoted by the TV channel as adding, “After a while, the two left.

More articles

- Advertisement -corhaz 300

Latest article