Prime Minister Narendra Modi today will inaugurate the newly built bridge between India and Bangladesh ‘Maitri Setu’ by video conferencing. The bridge is built over the Feni river.
In the same event he will also lay foundation for other infrastructure projects in Tripura along with this bridge inauguration.
The name ‘Maitri Setu’ denotes a friendly relationship between India and Bangladesh. The bridge project is worth Rs 133 crore, said PMO.
With this inauguration, Tripura is set to become the ‘Gateway of North East’, which directly connects to Chittagong port of Bangladesh.
The various infrastructure projects which the Prime Minister is going to lay foundation for are as follows :
- He will lay the foundation stone for setting up an Integrated Check Post at Sabroom.
- PM Modi will also lay the foundation stone of NH 208 connecting the Unakoti district headquarters at Kailashahar with the Khowai district headquarters.
- The PM will also inaugurate State Highways and other district roads, developed by the State government with a financial outlay of Rs. 63.75 Crores. They will provide all-weather connectivity to the people of Tripura.
- Prime Minister will inaugurate 40,978 houses constructed under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban), completed with the financial outlay of Rs. 813 Crores.
- He will also inaugurate the Integrated Command and Control Centre built under Agartala Smart City Mission.
- Further, Prime Minister will lay the foundation stone for the development of multi-level car parking and commercial complex at Old Motor Stand. It will be developed at an investment of about Rs 200 crore.
- He will also lay the foundation stone for widening the existing road from Lichubagan to the airport from two lanes to four lanes.