The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) on Thursday has started 18 online services that include including driving licence renewal, learner’s licence, and duplicate licence.
So, the people now don’t have to compulsorily visit the RTO offices anymore as they can get services anywhere now.
The MoRTH has launched this through the help of Aadhaar as the Aadhaar-based authentication contactless service will simplify the process and make it online.
This comes after the transport ministry issued a notification of linking driving licence with aadhaar.
In its official statement the MoRTH said, “In order to provide convenient and hassle-free services to the citizen, the Ministry shall make all the required arrangements for wide publicity through media and individual notices to make citizens aware of the requirements of Aadhaar for availing contactless services through implementing agencies”.
The 18 services for which you have to link your aadhaar with your driving licence in order to avail online services are as follows:
1. Learner’s licence
2. Renewal of driving licence for which test of competence to drive is not required
3. Duplicate driving licence
4. Change of address in driving licence and certificate of registration
5. Issue of international driving permit
6. Surrender of class of vehicle from licence
7. Application for temporary registration of motor vehicle
8. Application for registration of motor vehicle with fully built body
9. Application for issue of duplicate certificate of registration
10. Application for grant of NOC for certificate of registration
11. Notice of transfer of ownership of motor vehicle
12. Application for transfer of ownership of motor vehicle
13. Intimation of change of address in certificate of registration
14. Application for registration for driver training from accredited driver training centre
15. Application for registration of motor vehicle of diplomatic officer
16. Application for assignment of fresh registration mark of motor vehicle of diplomatic officer
17. Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement
18. Termination of hire-purchase agreement