Wednesday, October 20, 2021
25.1 C
Delhi
Wednesday, October 20, 2021
- Advertisement -corhaz 3

Disengagement Begun At The Pangong Lake, Says Rajnath Singh

The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) is yet to issue an official information on this.

While addressing in Rajya Sabha on Line of Actual Control the Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday, said that both India and China has begun disengagement at the region of Pangong Lake.

Rajnath Singh confirmed this after the Global Times reported about the beginning of disengagement at the northern and southern shores of the lake. The two countries had agreed in the ninth round of commander level talks which took place on January 25 at the Meldo Meeting point.

However, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) is yet to issue an official information on this.

This comes after months of stand-off between the militaries of both the countries at LAC and the nearby areas. The stand-off came in the wake of violent face-off at Galwan Valley in which 20 Indian soldiers lost their lives last year.

The Indian delegation was led by Lieutenant General PGK Menon, the Corps Commander of Leh-based HQ 14 Corps, as India sought complete disengagement and withdrawing of forces from the disputed areas.

A representative from Ministry of External Affairs was also part of the dialogue.

More articles

- Advertisement -corhaz 300

Latest article

Trending