Friday, March 1, 2024
25.1 C
Friday, March 1, 2024
- Advertisement -corhaz 3

Accused RPF Constable Who Killed Passengers On Running Train Giving Unrelated Answers, Says Police

The RPF policeman who allegedly opened fire on the moving Jaipur-Mumbai Central Express train, killing his senior and three other passengers, was detained by the Government Railway Police for seven days in connection with the incident.

According to police officers questioning the accused Chetan Singh, he was not assisting with the investigation, according to India Today. When the police questioned the suspect about the incident, the accused allegedly provided irrelevant answers, according to officials.

He also chanted slogans while being held by the cops.

On Tuesday, Chetan, the accused, was brought before a court in Borivali, Mumbai, where the police asked for 14 days of the defendant’s custody. However, the offender was given seven days of police imprisonment by the court.

The accused’s lawyer said that he was not given food for over 24 hours after the incident.

“My client has not done anything wrong. He said whatever he did was with a service gun and nothing wrong. He was not given food for over 24 hours, to which the court has directed police to give timely food to Chetan. Cops will be investigating whether Chetan was mentally unstable,” the advocate said.

According to police sources, approximately 15 persons have given testimonies concerning the train firing event up to this point, including police officers and train passengers.

On Monday, while riding on the moving Jaipur-Mumbai Central Express train, policeman Chetan Singh of the Railway Protection Force allegedly shot and killed his superior and three passengers near the Palghar station in Maharashtra.

The Railway police have named two of the deceased passengers as Abdul Kadarbhai Mohammed Hussain Bhanpurwala, 48, of Nalasopara in Palghar, and Asgar Abbas Sheikh, 48, of Madhubani in Bihar; the identity of the third victim is yet unknown.

After the incident, passengers pulled the train’s chain as it stopped close to Mira Road station (on the Mumbai suburban network), preventing the accused constable Chetan Singh from escaping with his firearm.

More articles

- Advertisement -corhaz 300

Latest article