Friday, February 20, 2026
16.1 C
Delhi
Friday, February 20, 2026
- Advertisement -corhaz 3

Delhi Police Summons Telangana CM Revanth Reddy In Amit Shah’s Doctored Video Case

According to sources on Monday, Telangana Chief Minister Revanth Reddy was summoned by Delhi Police in relation to the altered video of Union Home Minister Amit Shah.

Reddy, who also serves as the president of the Congress’ Telangana branch, has been invited to testify on May 1 in the nation’s capital before Delhi Police’s IFSO (Cyber section). He has also been requested to turn in his phone and other electronic devices for examination.

The chief minister of Telangana has been invited to show up with his phone, which was purportedly used to upload the customised video to the microblogging platform X.

Reacting to the summons, Reddy said, “Just got news that Delhi Police have arrived at Gandhi Bhavan and issued notices to social media team. They are even trying to arrest me.”

“Apart from ED, CBI, IT, Modi is now using Delhi Police, but we are not afraid,” the Telangana CM claimed.

This comes after the Home Affairs Ministry filed a complaint against the Delhi Police on Sunday, citing the phoney video that purportedly showed his position on reservations.

Reddy was sent a notice by the Delhi Police earlier in the day on Shah’s fictitious video, requesting a response by May 1. The Karnataka CMO has refuted receiving any notice, though.

The Delhi Police’s Special Cell said on Sunday that it had taken action against those who had circulated a manipulated video purporting to show Union Home Minister Amit Shah’s position on reservations.

The FIR is directed towards certain social media handles that altered Shah’s remarks to erroneously imply that the minister supported the removal of reservations in the nation. This step was taken the day after Telangana Congress wing leader Amit Malviya, the head of the BJP’s IT cell, said that an edited film of Shah was being circulated by the party, “which is completely fake and has the potential to cause large-scale violence.”

Malviya explained in his post on X that Home Minister Shah simply mentioned eliminating the unlawful reservation that Muslims have been granted based solely on their faith.

The BJP leader claimed that Asma Tasleem and other Congress spokespeople shared Shah’s phoney film on social media. “Home Minister Amit Shah discussed eliminating the unlawful religious reservation granted to Muslims, subsequent to a decrease in the proportion of SCs/STs and OBCs. Several Congress spokespersons, including @asmatasleem13 and others, have uploaded this fictitious video. They have to be ready for the legal repercussions,” Malviya wrote in a post on April 27.

More articles

- Advertisement -corhaz 300

Latest article

Trending