Punjab Singer and Congress leader Sidhu Moose Wala was shot dead in Mansa district of Punjab on Sunday. Two others were also injured in the firing. This happened just a day after state withdrew security from 424 people including Sidhu.
The state run AAP government withdrew the security to end the VIP culture.
The incident took place when Sidhu with two of his companions was on his way to the village Jawahar ke in Punjab in his jeep.
His jeep was sprayed with bullets and he was found slumped on his seat heavily bleeding. He was immediately hurried to the hospital but was declared as brought dead.
The state police called the attack as part of gang-war. A Canada based gangster has admitted the responsibility of the attack, said the police.
Speaking to media DGP VK Bhawra said, “Lawrence Bishnoi gang is involved in this murder. Lucky, member of the gang has taken responsibility from Canada”. He also told that Sidhu’s manager Shaganpreet’s name was appeared in murder of Vickey Middukhera last year.
The police further stated that Sidhu’s murder was likely to be in revenge of Middykhera’s murder.
The state police has appointed a special investigation team to investigate the matter.
Sidhu’s real name was Shubhdeep Singh Sidhu who belonged to Moose Wala village near Mansa, hence he was popular by his stage name Sidhu Moose Wala. The 28-year-old singer had given many superhits in last couple of years.
However, he faced heavy criticism for promoting gun culture in his songs. He was even allegedly charged for promoting violence through his song “Sanju”.
During Covid-19 lockdown, he was charged under Arms Act and the Disaster Management Act in Barnala after he was seen firing an AK-47 in a picture.
Last year, the singer had joined Congress and fought Punjab Assembly elections 2022 from Mansa on Congress ticket, but he was defeated by Aam Aadmi Party’s Dr Vijay Singhla.
On hearing the news of Sidhu’s death, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi expressed his deep condolences. “Deeply shocked and saddened by the murder of promising Congress leader and talented artist, Sidhu Moosewala. My heartfelt condolences to his loved ones and fans from across the world,” he said in a tweet.
Meanwhile, another Congress leader Charan Singh Sapra said the state government and Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann must answer why Sidhu Moose Wala’s security was removed. “The government has to answer, ” he said.
While, Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann led government asked everyone to remain calm and said those involved in Sidhu’s murder will not be spared.
“I am shocked and deeply saddened by the gruesome murder of Sidhu Moosewala. Nobody involved will be spared. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and his fans across the world. I appeal everyone to stay calm,” CM posted on Koo.



