Following an accident on the Delhi-Meerut Motorway in Ghaziabad on Tuesday, at least six persons died.
The details indicate that a bus and a car collided, causing the tragedy.
The accident victim, an eight-year-old boy, was rushed to a hospital in severe condition. Later, the bus driver was taken into custody.
A CCTV camera recorded a footage of the incident. The deceased’s bodies were transported for a postmortem.
RK Kushwaha, ADCP (traffic), commented on the incident: “Six people died at the scene, while two are critically injured.”
“The bus driver was coming from the wrong direction after getting CNG from Ghazipur in Delhi. The TUV was coming from Meerut’s direction and was on its way to Gurugram. It was the fault of the driver. He was coming from the wrong direction all the way from Delhi.”
Further, the ADCP said the driver of the bus had been arrested.
“The occupants of the car were members of the same family. There were no students on the bus,” the police said.
A petrol tanker that was travelling overtake a tempo in the Lilapur neighbourhood of Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh, toppled on Monday, killing at least nine persons and injuring seven more.
The collision happened roughly 15 km from the district administrative offices on the Lucknow-Varanasi route.
Yogi Adityanath, the chief minister, offered his condolences for the accident’s fatalities and provided financial aid of Rs 2 lakh to each family of the deceased and Rs 50,000 to each critically injured person.



